Most of us are dehydrated. We know we should drink enough water, but the majority of us still don’t. A report from a CBS News outlet a few years ago noted this:
Most people know that they are supposed to drink water, but up to 75 percent of Americans may be functioning in a chronic state of dehydration, according to new research.
“We have a tendency in the U.S. to drink a lot of beverages that are mildly dehydrating,” said Mary Grace Webb, Assistant Director for Clinical Nutrition at New York Hospital.
The report goes on to note that constant hunger could be one indicator that you are dehydrated. (Another reason staying hydrated helps you maintain a healthy weight!)
💧💧💧 HOW DOES WATER HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
* It suppresses your appetite, calorie free and helps you feel full and satisfied.
* When we feel hungry, 30% of the time we are actually thirsty
* Helps remove toxins such as pesticides and preservatives from your cells
* Minimizes fatigue, headaches and unclear thinking
* Speeds up metabolism, especially if drinking cold water
* Helps liver convert fat to energy
* Decreases fluid retention
* Metabolizes stored fat
* Helps prevent sagging skin
ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH WATER EVERY DAY?