YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
PER SERVING: 1 LEANEST, 2 HEALTHY FATS, 3 GREEN, 2 CONDIMENTS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
8 tsp olive oil
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
½ cup scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup diced fennel
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1, (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
½ lb. shrimp, half length-wise
½ lb. bay scallops
½ lb. tilapia, diced
1½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ lb. lump crabmeat
½ cup fresh basil, cut into fine strips
- In a saucepan, sweat the red pepper flakes in the olive oil for about 30 seconds.
- Add the scallions, fennel, and green pepper, and continue to sweat for about 3 to 4 minutes over moderate heat.
- Add the tomatoes, including the juice, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Combine the halved shrimp and diced tilapia with the scallops in a bowl and season with salt and pepper; mix very carefully.
- Add the seasoned seafood to the simmering tomatoes, bring to a near boil, and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the crabmeat and basil, stir very carefully, and heat through.
- Divide stew into 4 equal portions (about 2 cups per serving), garnish with basil leaves, and serve hot
Nutrition Per Serving: 340 calories, 42g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 11g fat