4, (6-oz.) raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp no sugar added BBQ seasoning
6 cups broccoli florets
¾ cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp regular mayo
1 tbsp homemade ranch seasoning (recipe below)
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tbsp dried chives
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Pound the chicken to even thickness, and season with the BBQ seasoning.
- Grill chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165⁰F, about 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness.
- To make the homemade ranch seasoning: in a spice grinder, combine all of the dried herbs and spices and pulse 5 to 7 times to enhance the taste and texture of the seasoning mix. Alternatively, you can mix all of the dried herbs and spices in a bowl. Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, yogurt, mayo, and ranch seasoning. Toss well.
- Each serving should have 6 ounces cooked chicken and 1½ cups of broccoli salad.
YIELD: 4 SERVING
COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEANER, 1 HEALTHY FAT, 3 GREEN, 3 CONDIMENTS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
Nutrition Facts: Per serving: 290 calories, 10g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 41g protein